8794 EMD E7A, MILW 17A, Gray & Orange Passenger Scheme, No-Sound / DCC-Ready, N
Broadway Limited Imports encourages everyone to patronize their local hobby shops whenever possible. For those without a BLI reseller within reasonable proximity, we recommend the following online dealers who regularly and reliably ship BLI products worldwide.
The E7, a 2,000-horsepower passenger train locomotive, was
manufactured by General Motors' Electro-Motive Division in La Grange, Illinois.
From February 1945 to April 1949, a total of 428 cab versions, known as E7As,
were produced, along with 82 booster E7Bs from March 1945 to July 1948. Its
2,000 hp was generated by two 12-cylinder model 567A engines, each powering its
own electrical generator to drive the two traction motors on one truck. The E7
marked the eighth model in a series of passenger diesel locomotives with a
similar design, known as EMD E-units, and it quickly became the best-selling E
model upon its release.
The E7A featured a less slanted front nose compared to earlier EMD passenger locomotives, earning it and its successors, the E8 and E9, the nickname 'bulldog nose' units. Some of the earlier units were referred to as 'shovel nose' or 'slant nose' units. More than 20 different railroads acquired E7s for their passenger trains. Currently, only one E7 example survives, with ex-Pennsylvania Railroad E7A #5901 being preserved, cosmetically restored, and on display at the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania in Strasburg, Pennsylvania.
Our Stealth Series offering will consist of No-Sound / DCC-Ready single A-units and single B-units. All of our models have road-specific details.
Road-specific detail options in this production, prototypically accurate for each road name
· Pilot prototypical per prototype
· Operating Mars Light where prototypical (with decoder installed)
· Large 45-degree number boards where prototypically accurate
· Small side number boards where prototypically accurate
· Prototypical horn detail on model
· Accurate air intake behind cab side doors
· Cooling fans and exhaust hatch accurate per each prototype
· Accurate headlight positioning per the prototype
· Multiple MU door options on front of model
· Prototypically accurate truck sideframes
· Ladder rest grab irons present where prototypically accurate
· Grab iron ladder present where prototypically accurate
· Eyebrow grab irons present where prototypically accurate
· Grab irons above cab side windows where prototypically accurate
· Roof antenna present and correct where prototypically accurate
· Front and Rear lift lug present where accurate
· Nose door number plate present where accurate
· Trainphone antenna present where accurate
Industry-leading Model Features:
· Stealth Series - Model is DCC-Ready out of the box. No sound.
· Out of the box, front and rear lights are directional. Other lights are ON with track power.
· Model comes with an 8 ohm speaker installed for easy installation of DCC/Sound decoder.
· Precision Drive Mechanism Engineered for Heavy Towing and Smooth Slow Speed Operation
· All Wheel Electrical Pick-up
· ABS Body with Die Cast Chassis for Maximum Tractive Effort
· Premium Caliber Painting
· Prototypically Accurate Paint Schemes and Road Numbers
· Many Separately Applied Details such as Grab Irons, Horns, and Bell
· MicroTrains-compatible Couplers (2)
· Will Operate on Code 55, Code 70 and Code 80 Rail
· Minimum Operating Radius: 9 inches
See which products have already been delivered.