8706 EMD SD70ACe, CSX 4838, YN3 Paint, No-Sound / DCC-Ready, HO
Broadway Limited Imports encourages everyone to patronize their local hobby shops whenever possible. For those without a BLI reseller within reasonable proximity, we recommend the following online dealers who regularly and reliably ship BLI products worldwide.
Broadway Limited Imports is proud to introduce our very first die-cast metal HO scale diesel locomotive - an EMD SD70ACe. These beautiful models will have die cast metal bodies for maximum weight and tractive effort. They will have metal handrails and stanchions, and see-through steps for a more prototypical appearance. Paragon4 series models will have variable-intensity smoke pouring from the exhaust stack. Each of the models has prototypically accurate details specific to each paint scheme.
The EMD's SD70ACe is the successor to the SD70MAC, with design changes implemented to comply with updated emission standards. The SD70ACe is equipped with EMD's 4,300 horsepower, 16-710-G32-T2 prime mover, and is typically equipped with a Nathan K5LLA horn. These stunning locomotives can be found in service all over the world, as EMD has sold well over 2,000 of the ACe's and their variants.
Over the years, several Class 1 railroads have applied unique and eye-catching paint schemes to their SD70ACe's, including the Union Pacific, Norfolk Southern, Kansas City Southern, and the MRL. In 2005 the UP applied "heritage" paint schemes to six of their SD70ACe's - their road number representing the year each railroad became part of the UP. In 2012, the NS put 20 new locomotives into service with heritage paint schemes to celebrate its 30th anniversary - 10 of these were SD70ACe's numbered 1065 - 1074. In addition to the heritage units, the UP, KCS, and MRL operate several locomotives honoring veterans, essential workers, and other heroes.
In our first production, we are offering models in fifteen prototypical paint schemes and two unpainted models - one with high headlight and one with low headlight. Each model is accurately detailed per the prototypical paint scheme. The Paragon4 Series models come our Paragon4 Sound/DC/DCC sound system, user-adjustable smoke, and integral GoPack capacitors.
In addition to the Paragon4 Series models, each model is available in our Stealth Series. These are No-Sound / DCC-Ready models that operate on DC out-of-the-box, or a modeler can easily install their DCC decoder of choice. Out-of-the-box, front and rear lights are directional, and other lights are always illuminated with track power. Note that some lighting may be absent depending on selected aftermarket decoder.
List of individually controllable lights in our EMD SD70ACe models:
- Rear Light
- Numberboard Lights
- Ditch Lights
- Cab Light
Road-specific detail options that are prototypically accurate for each road name and paint scheme:
- Headlight Location
- Rear Light Location
- Rear Door Type
- Dynamic Brake Door Arrangement
- Right-side Electrical Cabinet Arrangement
- Two Sand Fill Hatch Options
- Long Hood End Detail Arrangement
- Hood End Horn Bracket Where Appropriate
- Iso Cab Where Appropriate
- Rear Pilot - Two Options
- Accurate Cab Details like Wind Deflectors, Sunshades, and Mirror
- Bell Type
- Brake Wheel Type
- Jack Pads - Two Options
- Rear Ditch Lights where Appropriate
- Cab Roof Details
- Inverter Blower Arrangement - Four Different Types
Industry-leading Model Features:
- Stealth Series - Model is DCC-Ready out-of-the-box. No Sound.
- Out-of-the-box, front and rear lights are directional. Other lights are ON with track power.
- Model is equipped with an 8 ohm speaker already installed and ready to use if modeler desires
- Precision Drive Mechanism Engineered for Heavy Towing and Smooth Slow Speed Operation
- All Wheel Electrical Pick-up
- Heavy Die Cast Body with Die Cast Chassis for Maximum Tractive Effort
- Metal Handrails and Stanchions with Prototypical Decoration
- Premium Caliber Painting
- Prototypically Accurate Paint Schemes and Road Numbers
- Many Separately Applied Details such as Grab Irons, Horn, Bell, Wipers, and Etched Metal Grills
- Metal Kadee-Compatible Couplers (2)
- Will Operate on Code 70, Code 83, and Code 100 Rail
- Minimum Operating Radius: 18 inches.
Broadway Limited Imports is proud to introduce our Stealth Series. Our Stealth Series models provide customers with the ability to purchase highly detailed steam and diesel locomotives at a lower price. Stealth Series models are DCC-Ready with a standard MTC21 pin on the DC motherboard. For more information about Stealth Series, please see our Products page.
See which products have already been delivered.