8676 EMD SD70ACe, CSX 4838, YN3 Paint, Paragon4 Sound/DC/DCC, w/ Smoke, HO
Broadway Limited Imports encourages everyone to patronize their local hobby shops whenever possible. For those without a BLI reseller within reasonable proximity, we recommend the following online dealers who regularly and reliably ship BLI products worldwide.
Broadway Limited Imports is proud to introduce our very first die-cast metal HO scale diesel locomotive - an EMD SD70ACe. These beautiful models will have die cast metal bodies for maximum weight and tractive effort. They will have metal handrails and stanchions, and see-through steps for a more prototypical appearance. Paragon4 series models will have variable-intensity smoke pouring from the exhaust stack. Each of the models has prototypically accurate details specific to each paint scheme.
The EMD's SD70ACe is the successor to the SD70MAC, with design changes implemented to comply with updated emission standards. The SD70ACe is equipped with EMD's 4,300 horsepower, 16-710-G32-T2 prime mover, and is typically equipped with a Nathan K5LLA horn. These stunning locomotives can be found in service all over the world, as EMD has sold well over 2,000 of the ACe's and their variants.
Over the years, several Class 1 railroads have applied unique and eye-catching paint schemes to their SD70ACe's, including the Union Pacific, Norfolk Southern, Kansas City Southern, and the MRL. In 2005 the UP applied "heritage" paint schemes to six of their SD70ACe's - their road number representing the year each railroad became part of the UP. In 2012, the NS put 20 new locomotives into service with heritage paint schemes to celebrate its 30th anniversary - 10 of these were SD70ACe's numbered 1065 - 1074. In addition to the heritage units, the UP, KCS, and MRL operate several locomotives honoring veterans, essential workers, and other heroes.
In our first production, we are offering models in fifteen prototypical paint schemes and two unpainted models - one with high headlight and one with low headlight. Each model is accurately detailed per the prototypical paint scheme. The Paragon4 Series models come our Paragon4 Sound/DC/DCC sound system, user-adjustable smoke, and integral GoPack capacitors.
In addition to the Paragon4 Series models, each model is available in our Stealth Series. These are No-Sound / DCC-Ready models that operate on DC out-of-the-box, or a modeler can easily install their DCC decoder of choice. Out-of-the-box, front and rear lights are directional, and other lights are always illuminated with track power. Note that some lighting may be absent depending on selected aftermarket decoder.
List of individually controllable lights in our EMD SD70ACe models:
- Rear Light
- Numberboard Lights
- Ditch Lights
- Cab Light
Road-specific detail options that are prototypically accurate for each road name and paint scheme:
- Headlight Location
- Rear Light Location
- Rear Door Type
- Dynamic Brake Door Arrangement
- Right-side Electrical Cabinet Arrangement
- Two Sand Fill Hatch Options
- Long Hood End Detail Arrangement
- Hood End Horn Bracket Where Appropriate
- Iso Cab Where Appropriate
- Rear Pilot - Two Options
- Accurate Cab Details like Wind Deflectors, Sunshades, and Mirror
- Bell Type
- Brake Wheel Type
- Jack Pads - Two Options
- Rear Ditch Lights where Appropriate
- Cab Roof Details
- Inverter Blower Arrangement - Four Different Types
Industry-leading Model Features:
- Paragon4 Sound & Control System featuring ROLLING THUNDER
- Integral Dual-Mode Decoder with Back EMF for Superb Slow Speed Operation in DC and DCC
- Precision Drive Mechanism Engineered for Heavy Towing and Smooth Slow Speed Operation
- All Wheel Electrical Pick-up
- Variable Intensity, User-Adjustable Smoke on Paragon4 Series Models
- Heavy Die Cast Body with Die Cast Chassis for Maximum Tractive Effort
- Metal Handrails and Stanchions with Prototypical Decoration
- Premium Caliber Painting
- Prototypically Accurate Paint Schemes and Road Numbers
- Many Separately Applied Details such as Grab Irons, Horn, Bell, Wipers, and Etched Metal Grills
- Prototypical Light Operation - Accurate for each Paint Scheme
- Prototypically Accurate Sounds for the EMD SD70ACe Diesel Locomotives
- Metal Kadee-Compatible Couplers (2)
- Will Operate on Code 70, Code 83, and Code 100 Rail
- Model Weight = 1.98 lbs
- Minimum Operating Radius: 18 inches
Broadway Limited Imports is proud to introduce Paragon4: The new benchmark for premium HO sound-equipped locomotives. These DC and DCC-Sound equipped locomotives feature the ALL-NEW Paragon4 sound and control system. Each Paragon4 locomotive comes with BLI's own integral DCC Decoder factory installed. Paragon4 locomotives offer Dual Mode DC and DCC operation with superb back EMF motor control, improved DC motor control, built-in capacitor pack for more reliable electrical pick-up, industry best on-board sound with Rolling Thunder functionality, Pro Lighting Mode for prototypical light control, Switcher model for precise low speed control, recordable DCC operation for automated playback, and the same excellent detail level as Broadway Limited's Paragon3 Series models.
Paragon4 Sound & Control System Features:
- Operates in DC & DCC with improved DC speed control (use DCMaster for DC Sound)
- Built-In capacitor pack to navigate imperfect track
- Capacitor Pack automatically disabled on program track for full compatibility with JMRI Decoder Pro
- Pro Lighting Mode offers individual control of all lights on model
- Switcher Mode for precise low speed control.
- Record & Play Operation - Records and plays back sounds and movements once or repeatedly for automatic operation
- High Resolution Audio
- Quillable Whistle for various whistle lengths and patterns
- Choice of 3 selectable Horns
- Alternate Whistle / Horn where applicable for locomotive with air horn and steam whistle - both the main whistle and alternate can be easily played
- Adjustable bell ringing interval for faster or slower bell
- Numerous user-mappable functions with available keys
- Johnson Bar Sound at Direction Change
- Multiple realistic passenger and crew sounds play on command
- Grade Crossing Automatic Signal
- Automatic Forward / Reverse Signal - When activated, stopping triggers and stop whistle toot. When moving forward from a stopped position, toots twice. When moving in reverse. toots three times.
- Chuff sound intensity varies with load
- Individually adjustable sound volumes for each effect
EZ Reset Button for quick return to factory default settings
**Specifications on this page subject to change.
See which products have already been delivered.