8562 GE ES44AC, NS #8100, NKP Heritage Paint, No-Sound / DCC-Ready, HO
Broadway Limited Imports encourages everyone to patronize their local hobby shops whenever possible. For those without a BLI reseller within reasonable proximity, we recommend the following online dealers who regularly and reliably ship BLI products worldwide.
Broadway Limited Imports is thrilled to announce the release of a new batch of the GE ES44AC locomotives. These six-axle, 4400 HP locomotives were manufactured by General Electric from 2002 to 2019, with a total production exceeding 3,700 units. Presently, they are in service on every Class I railroad in North America.
In 2024, we are introducing models of the ES44AC in a variety of new paint schemes. This includes heritage units from the Canadian National and Iowa Interstate, as well as Norfolk Southern and CSX. Additionally, we are offering the Canadian Pacific "Saint John Express" unit, along with several fantasy paint schemes that adapt older railroad liveries to the modern ES44AC diesel body. All models are available with our new Paragon4 DC/DCC Sound and Control system featuring Rolling Thunder and integral Go-Pack capacitors. Each model boasts road-specific details and lighting.
In addition to the Paragon4 Series models, each model is available in our Stealth Series. These are No-Sound / DCC-Ready models that operate on DC out-of-the-box, or a modeler can easily install their DCC decoder of choice. Out-of-the-box, front and rear lights are directional, and other lights are always illuminated with track power. Note that some lighting may be absent depending on selected aftermarket decoder.
List of individually controllable lights:
- Rear Light
- Cab Light
- Numberboard Lights
- Front Ditch Lights
Industry-leading Model Features:
- Stealth Series - Model is DCC-Ready out-of-the-box. No Sound.
- Out-of-the-box, front and rear lights are directional. Other lights are ON with track power.
- Model is equipped with an 8 ohm speaker already installed and ready to use if modeler desired
- Precision Drive Mechanism Engineered for Heavy Towing and Smooth Slow Speed Operation
- All Wheel Electrical Pick-up
- ABS Body with Die Cast Chassis for Maximum Tractive Effort
- Premium Caliber Painting
- Prototypically Accurate Paint Schemes and Road Numbers
- Many Separately Applied Details such as Handrails, Grab Irons, Horn, Bell, Wipers, and Etched Metal Grills
- Prototypical Light Operation - accurate for each paint scheme
- Metal Kadee-compatible Couplers (2)
- Will Operate on Code 70, Code 83, and Code 100 Rail
- Minimum Operating Radius: 18 inches
See which products have already been delivered.