8514 PRR M1b 4-8-2, #6736, Paragon4 Sound/DC/DCC, N Scale
Broadway Limited Imports encourages everyone to patronize their local hobby shops whenever possible. For those without a BLI reseller within reasonable proximity, we recommend the following online dealers who regularly and reliably ship BLI products worldwide.
The M1a's and M1b's are 4-8-2 "mountain" type steam locomotives operated by the Pennsylvania Railroad. Use primarily for hauling freight, many PRR crews regarded the M1's as the pinnacle of the railroad's steam power.
Standout features on both classes are the square-shouldered Belpaire firebox, the 72-inch driving wheels, and a large cross-mounted air tank positioned at the front of the locomotive. The differences between the M1a and M1b classes are minor. The M1b's have firebox circulators that are absent from the M1a's, and the sole visible distinction are the extra cleaning plugs on the firebox sides for maintaining the circulators.
In 2024, we are building models of the M1a and M1b. We are offering three prototypical road numbers of each class, as well as an unlettered M1a, an unlettered M1b, and two PRR-style fantasy paint schemes that the M1's never wore while in service. All of the Paragon4 series models are equipped with our newest Paragon4 DC/DCC Sound decoder featuring Rolling Thunder and an integral GoPack capacitor pack.
Industry-Leading Model Features:
Paragon4 Sound & Control System featuring Rolling Thunder
- Integral Dual-Mode Decoder with Back EMF for Superb Slow Speed Operation in DC and DCC
- Precision Drive Mechanism Engineered for Heavy Towing and Smooth Slow Speed Operation
- Die Cast Body with Die Cast Chassis for Maximum Tractive Effort
- Premium Caliber Painting
- Prototypically Accurate Paint Schemes and Road Numbers
- Many Separately Applied Details such as Handrails, Grab Irons, Ladders, Piping, Whistle, and Bell
- Prototypically Accurate Sounds for PRR M1a Steam Locomotive
- Microtrains-compatible Couplers (2)
- Will operate on Code 55, Code 70, and Code 80 Rail
- Minimum Operating Radius: 9.75 inches
Broadway Limited Imports is proud to introduce Paragon4: The new benchmark for premium HO sound-equipped locomotives. These DC and DCC-Sound equipped locomotives feature the ALL-NEW Paragon4 sound and control system. Each Paragon4 locomotive comes with BLI's own integral DCC Decoder factory installed. Paragon4 locomotives offer Dual Mode DC and DCC operation with superb back EMF motor control, improved DC motor control, built-in capacitor pack for more reliable electrical pick-up, industry best on-board sound with Rolling Thunder functionality, Pro Lighting Mode for prototypical light control, Switcher model for precise low speed control, recordable DCC operation for automated playback, and the same excellent detail level that modelers have come to expect from Broadway Limited Imports.
- Operates in DC and DCC with improved DC speed control (use DCMaster for DC Sound)
- Built-in extra capacitance to navigate imperfect track
- Pro Lighting Mode offers individual control of all lights on model
- Switcher Mode for precision low speed control
- Record & Play Operation - records and plays back sounds and movements once or repeatedly for automatic operation
- High resolution audio
- Quillable horn for various whistle lengths and patterns
- Choice of three selectable horns
- Alternate whistle/horn where applicable for locomotive with air horn and steam whistle - both the main whistle and alternate can be easily played
- Adjustable bell ringing interval for faster or slower bell
- Numerous user-mappable functions with available keys
- Multiple realistic passenger and crew sounds play on command
- Grade Crossing automatic signal
- Automatic forward / reverse signal
- Prime Mover sound intensity varies with load
- Individually adjustable sound volumes for each effect
- EZ Reset button for quick return to factory default settings
** Specifications on this page subject to change
See which products have already been delivered.