7891 ATSF 2-8-4 Berkshire, T1a #4194, 4-axle Tender, Disk Main Driver, Paragon4 Sound/DC/DCC, Smoke, HO
Broadway Limited Imports encourages everyone to patronize their local hobby shops whenever possible. For those without a BLI reseller within reasonable proximity, we recommend the following online dealers who regularly and reliably ship BLI products worldwide.
Broadway Limited Imports is proud to introduce our new models, the Santa Fe version of the Boston & Maine T1a and T1b 2-8-4 Berkshire locomotives. During World War II, the Santa Fe needed more locomotives to assist in hauling freight across the country. While the railroad would’ve preferred the EMD FT diesels, diesel motors were going primarily to marine applications to win the war.
Santa Fe ended up purchasing seven T1a’s and the railroad placed them into service to the Missouri Division. They also were the only Lima locomotives on the AT&SF’s roster. Shortly after arrival, Santa Fe crews quickly understood the frustration B&M crews faced with these locomotives as derailments were often reported in backing with this design. The trailing truck wheels were 36” and 45” in diameter.
In our first production, we are offering models of four fully decorated T1a's. AT&SF 4193 will feature the main driver spoked, per the prototype. AT&SF 4194, 4195, and 4196 will have disk main driver as the locomotives received those by the end of 1948. Our models have die cast locomotive and tender bodies for maximum weight and tractive effort. Each model comes with our Paragon4 Sound/DC/DCC sound system with synchronized puffing smoke and integral GoPack capacitors.
In addition to the Paragon4 Sound/DC/DCC sound models, we are also offering these locomotives as part of our Stealth series. These are No-Sound / DCC-Ready models that operate on DC out of the box, or a modeler can easily install their DCC decoder of choice. Out of the box, front and rear lights are directional, and other lights are always illuminated with track power. Additionally, some lighting may be missing depending on selected aftermarket decoder the modeler installs. See below for additional model features.
Industry-leading Model Features:
Broadway Limited Imports is proud to introduce Paragon4: The new benchmark for premium HO sound-equipped locomotives. These DC and DCC-Sound equipped locomotives feature the ALL-NEW Paragon4 sound and control system. Each Paragon4 locomotive comes with BLI's own integral DCC Decoder factory installed. Paragon4 locomotives offer Dual Mode DC and DCC operation with superb back EMF motor control, improved DC motor control, built-in capacitor pack for more reliable electrical pick-up, industry best on-board sound with Rolling Thunder functionality, Pro Lighting Mode for prototypical light control, Switcher model for precise low speed control, recordable DCC operation for automated playback, and the same excellent detail level as Broadway Limited's Paragon3 Series models.
Paragon4 Sound & Control SystemFeatures:
- Operates in DC & DCC with improved DC speed control (use DCMaster for DC Sound)
- Built-In capacitor pack to navigate imperfect track
- Capacitor Pack automatically disabled on program track for full compatibility with JMRI Decoder Pro
- Pro Lighting Mode offers individual control of all lights on model
- Switcher Mode for precise low speed control.
- Record & Play Operation - Records and plays back sounds and movements once or repeatedly for automatic operation
- High Resolution Audio
- Quillable Whistle for various whistle lengths and patterns
- Choice of 3 selectable Horns
- Alternate Whistle / Horn where applicable for locomotive with air horn and steam whistle - both the main whistle and alternate can be easily played
- Adjustable bell ringing interval for faster or slower bell
- Numerous user-mappable functions with available keys
- Johnson Bar Sound at Direction Change
- Multiple realistic passenger and crew sounds play on command
- Grade Crossing Automatic Signal
- Automatic Forward / Reverse Signal - When activated, stopping triggers and stop whistle toot. When moving forward from a stopped position, toots twice. When moving in reverse. toots three times.
- Chuff sound intensity varies with load
- Individually adjustable sound volumes for each effect
EZ Reset Button for quick return to factory default settings
**Specifications on this page subject to change.
See which products have already been delivered.